This would make my grandmother from Northern Ireland very proud. This simple, Irish classic is inexpensive to make, filling and delicious and serves 4.
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 Tbsp of Rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp of thyme
- 1 Large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Cups of parsnips
- 2 Tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups of vegan stock (homemade or low-sodium if store bought)
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- ¼ cup of whole wheat flour (may be substituted for gluten-free flour)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of White Beans
- Wash and cut up the carrots, potatoes, parsnips, and celery. Put them in a large pot and place over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, beans, bay leaf, parsley, thyme, garlic, and pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pot followed by the flour, gently stirring it into the stock.
- Fill the pot with water until covering the ingredients and allow to boil over medium heat for 35 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Serve and enjoy!