Pictured here: Whole grain pasta covered with this Oil-free pesto, with whole grain garlic bread and a green salad with fresh vegetables, topped off with my Roasted Garlic and Strawberry Vinaigrette.
Pictured here: Oil-Free Pesto with hummus and fresh veggies on whole wheat bread.
- 2 cups packed basil
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (preferably without folic acid)
- Juice of one large lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- Optional: hot sauce of your choice to taste.
- In a skillet over medium heat, place the walnuts to let them toast. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the walnuts before they burn and chop them up roughly after they cool down.
- Put all of the listed ingredients in a blender or food processor. You can thin it out with a little extra water if necessary.
- Put in on or in any of your favorite dishes and enjoy!