This recipe is perfect for any time of year, though especially for fall when spaghetti squash is in season. Simple yet delicious and very nutritious, this serves 2.
- 2 cups of green peas
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 can of low sodium black beans, or 2 cups of homemade beans
- 1 Tbsp of rosemary
- 1 Tbsp of Parsley
- 1 large spaghetti Squash
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350*F (180*C)
- Cut the squash lengthways from stem to tail, remove the seeds and season with pepper and roast it in the oven for 50 min.
- In a bowl, combine black beans, rosemary, parsley, green peas and diced pepper.
- Remove the squash from the oven and with a fork, scrape out the strands and combine them with contents of the bowl, and spoon back into the squash shells.
- Put them back in the oven for another ten mins, remove and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!