This whole plant food recipe is easy to make and definitely worth your time, especially if you have a hard time eating your greens. It will add great flavor, texture, and plenty of antioxidants to your salad, without the processed oils, refined sugar or salt. This is my personal all-time favorite salad dressing. As you can see in the photos, I like to make this sauce extra thick, but feel free to thin it out with water or extra balsamic vinegar.
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350*F, about 175*C
- Peel the garlic and wash the strawberries thoroughly.
- Place the garlic cloves and the strawberries on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned.
- Chop up the walnuts and measure out the vinegar while the strawberries and garlic cook.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully move the strawberries and garlic into a blender or food processor, including the juice on the baking sheet. Add in the other ingredients and blend until smooth. If necessary, you can thin out the mix with more vinegar or water.
- Enjoy on salads, sandwiches or as a dip!